Spring miracle – that is one possible name for wild garlic, with its exquisite spicy taste and positive effects on health. Storing this herb is no easy task, let alone preserving the important nutrients that it contains. Making pesto is one of the best methods to gain as much as possible from this marvellous herb. Take a look at our photo recipe for wild garlic pesto.
Wild garlic pesto
- Freshly picked wild garlic
- Nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, cashew, according to your preference)
- Olive oil (or linseed oil, hazelnut oil, etc.)
- Rinse wild garlic in a strainer under a stream of cold water, thoroughly. No heat or alcohol is applied to the herb when making pesto, so make sure to wash it properly.
- Shake water off of washed garlic and let dry for a while. Put wild garlic in a tall container where you will blend it with a hand blender. If you have a regular blender, fill it with wild garlic leaves.
- Start blending the wild garlic. You can already add salt, lemon and olive oil.
- You can mix all of the ingredients, including ground nuts, together in a deep plate or bowl. Add as much oil as necessary so that the pesto does not come out too thick.
- Store pesto in fridge and put it on e.g. pasta or salmon.
Wild garlic soup is a pleasant addition to your spring diet. There are many recipes for wild garlic soup, but ours is very simple and delicious.
Delicious wild garlic soup
- Wild garlic
- Spring onion
- Plant oil
- Soft flour
- Sour cream
- Prepare all of the necessary ingredients for cooking soup and chop spring onions, wild garlic and potatoes.
- Sauté onions in a large pot.
- After a while, add a little soft flour to form roux.
- Pour water over roux, add a pinch of salt and simmer for a while.
- Add chopped potatoes and cook them until soft.
- Add wild garlic to the soup.
- Cook for a few more minutes.
- In the end, pour a little milk or sour cream into the soup and blend it with a hand blender.
Pasta or spaghetti with fresh wild garlic are a delicious and healthy dish. As is common with pasta dishes, they are easy to prepare, which is why the dish is very popular. Read our simple guide to preparing delicious pasta with this fantastic herb.
Delicious wild garlic pasta
- Wild garlic
- Regular garlic
- Spaghetti (or other pasta)
- Plant oil
- Tomato sauce
- Boil water, add a little oil (so that the pasta does not stick) and a pinch of salt.
- Put pasta into boiling water, stir regularly.
- Meanwhile, sauté minced garlic on a pan.
- Add tomato sauce, salt to taste and heat while stirring regularly.
- Add chopped olives into tomato sauce and cook for a while.
- When pasta is ready, strain it and put it on a plate.
- Pour tomato sauce over pasta.
- Cover with grated cheese and toss with finely chopped wild garlic.
Enjoy! We wish you lots of health!
Healthy, simple and quick – our egg spread with wild garlic. It takes almost no time to prepare, but you will remember it for the rest of the year. Read our recipe for this spring miracle.
Egg Spread with Wild Garlic
- Fresh wild garlic
- Cream spread
Egg Spread Ingredients
- Rinse wild garlic under a stream of cold water and cut it into smaller pieces
- Boil eggs until hard (10 minutes in boiling water) and peel them
- Finely chop onion
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and press them together with a fork